I consult with individuals, families and organizations who want to solve specific health challenges, or to optimize their health and wellness. My approach is client-centered and non-judgmental. I strive to increase my clients’ knowledge, skill, and self-awareness to enable lasting and successful dietary and lifestyle changes.
I have unique expertise in the link between dietary oxalates and our health. While I focus on support for low-oxalate eating, I also work with clients who have a variety of other nutritional challenges and health concerns.
I can help you find answers to your most perplexing nutritional questions. My specialties include
- Recognizing and managing oxalate problems through diet.
- Unscrambling conflicting health information and dismantling the misinformation that holds you back from reaching you health goals.
- Clarifying true nutritional principles from unproven fads, outdated concepts, and enduring myths.
- Improving the overall quality of your diet.
- Guidance on shopping for better quality foods.
- Recipe conversion and cooking demonstrations.
- Guidance on critical health-enhancing behaviors and creating an integrative wellness life style.
- Weight control and general fitness.
- Discovering and coping with food sensitivities and allergies.
- Digestive system disorders.
- Binge eating and food “addiction”.
- How to begin and maintain a therapeutic low-oxalate diet.
- As your coach, I assist you with:
- Developing a plan to become your best and healthiest self.
- Establishing realistic goals that fit your life situation.
- Understanding your current barriers to success and collaborate on overcoming them.
- Strengthening your relationship with yourself, so you go beyond what you believe you could accomplish on your own without beating yourself up or stressing out.
- Having accountability and maintaining motivation.
- Coping with the healing process.
Consulting with me, you’ll get personalized professional advice, education, and guidance, based on your personal situation, history, nutritional needs, and health goals.
For individuals, I offer Skype, phone, and in-person (Richmond, Virginia) diet and health consultations, by appointment only. Click here to find out about scheduling an appointment.
There are certain things that I cannot help with such as diagnosing diseases, prescribing remedies, or enabling destructive behavior.
First Consultation (60-70 minutes; includes materials for transitioning to a low-oxalate diet suitable for your needs): $125
Subsequent Consultation (55 minutes): $105
Short Follow-up (25 minutes): $65