If you would like more information about consulting with me, you may request information, but please read the rest of this page first. I’ve tried to answer the most common questions here.
I consult with individuals, families and organizations who want to solve specific health challenges, or to optimize their health and wellness. My approach is client-centered and non-judgmental. I strive to increase my clients’ knowledge, skill, and self-awareness to enable lasting and successful dietary and lifestyle changes.
I have unique expertise in the link between dietary oxalates and our health. While I focus on support for low-oxalate eating, I also work with clients who have a variety of other nutritional challenges and health concerns.
I can help you find answers to your most perplexing nutritional questions. My specialties include
- Recognizing and managing oxalate problems through diet.
- Unscrambling conflicting health information and dismantling the misinformation that holds you back from reaching you health goals.
- Clarifying true nutritional principles from unproven fads, outdated concepts, and enduring myths.
- Improving the overall quality of your diet.
- Guidance on shopping for better quality foods.
- Recipe conversion and cooking demonstrations.
- Guidance on critical health-enhancing behaviors and creating an integrative wellness life style.
- Weight control and general fitness.
- Discovering and coping with food sensitivities and allergies.
- Digestive system disorders.
- Binge eating and food “addiction”.
- How to begin and maintain a therapeutic low-oxalate diet.
As your coach, I assist you with:
- Developing a plan to become your best and healthiest self.
- Establishing realistic goals that fit your life situation.
- Understanding your current barriers to success and collaborating on overcoming them.
- Strengthening your relationship with yourself, so you go beyond what you believe you could accomplish on your own without beating yourself up or stressing out.
- Having accountability and maintaining motivation.
- Coping with the healing process.
Consulting with me, you’ll get personalized professional advice, education, and guidance, based on your personal situation, history, nutritional needs, and health goals.
For individuals, I offer Skype, Facetime, phone, and in-person (Richmond, Virginia) diet and health consultations, by appointment only. Click here to schedule an appointment.
There are certain things that I cannot help with such as diagnosing diseases, prescribing remedies, or enabling destructive behavior.
First Consultation (60-70 minutes; includes materials for transitioning to a low-oxalate diet suitable for your needs): $155
Subsequent Consultation (55 minutes): $105
Short Follow-up (25 minutes): $65