Here are some tips for downloading PDF resources from Sally’s website.
- When you order documents, you’ll get either one or two purchase receipts depending on what you ordered.
- If your order only had free documents, you’ll get one receipt in an email entitled “Your Documents from Sally K. Norton”. Click the links inside that email (name of each document) to start downloading.
- If you paid for some documents, you’ll get two receipts – one from Sally as you would for free documents, and then a second one from PayPal (which we use as a payment gateway) that has a transaction number. You do not need a PayPal account; PayPal will let you use a credit card without creating an account.
- If you didn’t immediately get the purchase receipt from Sally (it should arrive with moments of placing your order) look for it in your “Junk” or “Spam” folder. Depending on your email setup, an email with links in it may look suspicious to your email provider or program. The email title will be “Your Documents from Sally K. Norton”
- If you still don’t see the purchase receipt, get in touch with us right away. You can email “help” at sallyknorton.com, or you can use the website contact form to reach one of Sally’s website helpers. The documents are generally too big to send directly by email, but we have some other electronic delivery approaches if the purchase receipt just isn’t working for you.
- What happens when you click a document link in the purchase receipt? When you click the name of the document in the purchase receipt that gets emailed to you after your order, your web browser will open and start downloading the document. Look for the document in the place that your browser puts downloads (maybe a folder called “Downloads”). It will sometimes do that without asking you so it may seem as if nothing happened. Check the browser’s download list.
- To open a downloaded document, you should just be able to click it in the browser download list. You may want to save it in a different place or add it to an e-Reader app like Kindle or Nook (see below for instructions for an iPhone/iPad). If you’re having trouble getting access to the document on your particular device, you can email “help” at sallyknorton.com, or you can use the website contact form to reach one of Sally’s website helpers.
How To Download and Read on an iPhone or iPad
Generally it is easiest if you download the documents to a computer first, and then transfer them to your phone or tablet. But that’s not an option for some people. Here are instructions for downloading directly to an iPhone using only applications that come with the phone.
- Open the email receipt “Your Documents from Sally K. Norton” and click the name of each document. That will start Safari to do the download.
- Download through the browser (Safari). When you open the email and click the link, the browser will start and it will ask you “Do you want to download BEGINNERS_GUIDE_SAVVY.pdf” (or the cookbook or whatever the link was). Touch the “Download” link.
- Ignore the web page that appears. Here’s where it can be a bit confusing: the phone will open Safari to do the download, but it also opens an (apparently) random web page that was probably selected from sites you have browsed before. It will still do the download in the background.
- Find the Safari Downloads button and open the list of downloads. To find the download, look in the upper right of the Safari browser screen (you can do this right after downloading, or you can open Safari later) – there’s a blue circle with a downward pointing arrow inside it. If you click that, you’ll see a list of downloaded documents
- Open the downloaded document from the list. You can then touch the document you want to read and it will open in Safari.
- Share the downloaded document with “Open in Books”. With the document open in Safari, look for the Share button at the bottom left, push that. Then in the second row of sharing apps (where it shows apps like AirDrop and Messages), slide right looking for “Open in Books” – you may need to push the “…” (for more apps) and scroll down that list to find “Open in Books”. When you click “Open in Books”, the phone will open the PDF for reading using the Books app.
- From Books, share AGAIN to “Copy to Books”. You’re not quite done yet. Tap the center of the screen to get to the Books controls and look for the Share button and if you look down below the row of apps at the bottom of the screen, there should be an option to “Copy to Books”. Choose that, and the PDF will be copied into your Books collection.
- Now you can open the PDF from the Books Collection. Once you get through all those steps, you’ll be able to access the document directly from the Books app (it will appear in the PDFs collection, and also in the Downloaded collection).
We want you to be happy, healthy and successful with low-oxalate eating. If anything is not right, please let us know. If you have trouble with anything, you can email “help” at sallyknorton.com, or you can use the website contact form to reach one of Sally’s website helpers.