Creamy and hearty. This soup should be served right after preparation, as the avocado can discolor.
Caribbean Avocado Soup
2 ripe avocados, 2 C homemade chicken bone broth, 1 T lime juice, plus 1 tsp for garnish, ¼ tsp. allspice, ¾ tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. white pepper, pinch cayenne pepper,
½ C yogurt or coconut milk
8 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Cut off about 1/8 of the avocado, lengthwise, for use as a garnish.
- Sprinkle avocado garnish slice with lime juice to prevent browning.
- Scoop out the flesh of the remaining avocados. Place avocado into a blender with one cup chicken broth. Blend.
- Add the lime juice, seasonings, yogurt, and the remaining chicken broth. Blend.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- To serve, pour into bowl and set avocado slices on top as a garnish.