This delicious treat was a hit at my seminar in St. Louis.
Smoked Trout Spread or Cream Cheese Fish Balls
3 oz. smoked trout (skinned and boned), flaked
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard, to taste
1 large minced or crushed garlic clove
½ tsp. dill weed
¼ tsp. white pepper, to taste
8 oz. organic cream cheese
(optional: ¼ C unsalted sprouted pumpkin seeds, minced)
- Mix the lemon juice with the mustard, garlic, dill, and white pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- To serve as a spread:
- Transfer to a small serving dish. Serve immediately, or cover and chill for later use.
- To make into balls:
- Use a small cookie baller to make small balls
- Roll the balls in minced pumpkin seeds.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Keeps for 6 days, or freeze indefinitely.
Leave a Reply