This recipe is quick and easy. Excellent dish for brunches and pot-lucks.
Ginger Baked Apples
Preheat Oven to 325°F
6 – 7 large Gala apples
3-4 T ghee or butter, cut into rectangular chunks that will fit into the apple core (or melt)
6 T dextrose or 4 T succanat sugar
1½ “ piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into slim 1”-long match sticks
Juice of 1 lemon
- Core apples from the stem side, but not entirely through the bottom.
- Set the apples in a baking dish, and add a tablespoon of water to the bottom of the dish.
- Into the core space of each apple, place: 2 tsp. dextrose or 1 1/2 tsp. sugar, ghee or butter chunks, ginger match sticks, and lemon juice.
- Bake uncovered until the skins show signs of starting to split or are oozing a bit of foam (approximately 50 minutes).
- Serve warm as is or with fresh whipped cream.